5G networks are the next generation of mobile internet connectivity, offering faster speeds and more reliable connections on smartphones and other devices than ever before!
Combining cutting-edge network technology and the very latest research, 5G offers connections that are multitudes faster than existing connections, with average download speeds of around 1GBps.
The networks will help to provide the infrastructure necessary to carry huge amounts of data, allowing for a smarter and more connected world.
Here are some other benefits of 5G:
- Greater speed (enough to download BIG files in just seconds!)
- Greater capacity (1,000 times the capacity of 4G!)
- Reduced Latency (No more delays).
- Provide high resolution and larger bandwidth.
- It will gather networks on one platform.
- Lower battery consumption.
- Simultaneous connections can work together.
While this technology is considered revolutionary, it’s also going to be expensive as carriers will have to upgrade their infrastructures in order for 5G to travel on super high frequencies airwaves. They can’t travel through walls, windows and get weaker over long distances.
With development well underway, 5G networks are expected to launch across the world by 2020, working alongside existing 3G and 4G technology to provide speedier connections that stay online no matter where you are.