No, Apple AirPods are not limited to Apple products. With only some minor limitations, they will work perfectly with your Android device. In fact, they are standard wireless Bluetooth earphones, and will work with any device that supports Bluetooth. So if you’ve received them as a gift, or decided to spoil yourself – read on to find out how to pair them with your device.
How to Pair AirPods With an Android Phone
- The first step is to put your AirPods in discovery mode so your device can detect them. Do this by holding in the set up button of the Airpods case, while the lid is open.
- Your case’s light will flash white, which indicates your AirPods are ready to pair.
- To connect to your AirPods from your Android phone, launch Settings on your phone and navigate to Bluetooth & Device Connection > Bluetooth. The exact path may vary depending on your phone model.
- Tap the “Pair New Device” option.
- Wait for your phone to detect and list your AirPods in “Available Devices.” Then choose your AirPods from the list.
- Your phone is now connected to your AirPods, and you’re all set.
But wait, what about those limitations you mentioned? Yes, Unfortunately, you won’t be able to control certain functions with your Android device – but you will be able to play music, make phone calls, voice record, and do pretty much anything that requires speakers or a mic.
Enjoy your new Bluetooth earphones!