Whether it’s an ex, an old friendship, or a holiday that brings you intense nostalgia (not in a good way), there are many reasons why you may want to remove Google Photos Memories feature.
It’s easy to remove certain people or pets from showing up in your Memories, but other photos and videos you don’t want to see may still appear. Here’s how you can make sure they don’t show up and save yourself from a lot of pain.
- First, open Google Photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet and open one of the Memories at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap the three-dot menu icon in the bottom corner on the memory you’d like to remove.
- Select “Hide” from the menu.
- Now simply tap “Remove This Memory.”
- Finally, confirm you want to “Remove” the memory. It will never appear in your Memories again, and you won’t be able to re-add it.
That’s all there is to it! Super simple right? Now you can rest assured you won’t be startled by seeing any unwanted photos.