Did you know that you can customise your Instagram feed? Yes! Gone are the days of seeing the life updates of those obligated follow-backs. Instagram’s new feature gives you two additional feed views, ‘Following’ and ‘Favourites’ – allowing you to see the posts you truly want to see, in chronological order.
Your ‘Home’ screen will still be your default and the algorithm will choose posts based on your interests and activity by including those from the accounts you don’t follow (which is cool when you discover new accounts).
So what are these two new feed options? The ‘Following’ feed shows you posts only from the accounts you follow and appears in everyone’s favourite, chronological order. Here comes the fun part, the ‘Favourite” feed lets you see posts from your favourite accounts whose content you don’t want to miss. You can add these accounts to your Favorites list and view their latest posts from the past 30 days. And the best part? Instagram won’t notify these accounts when you add or remove them from your list.
Sounds cool, but how do you curate your list?
Customise Your Favourites Feed on Instagram
- To get started, open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device
- Tap on the Instagram logo at the top to reveal the menu to switch the feeds view
- Tap on the Favourites button
- You can add accounts by clicking on the three lines in the top right corner. Either search the account and select Add Account or scroll through your Following and select Add Account
- To remove an account, follow the same steps and select Remove Account
And that’s it! Now you have a perfectly curated feed of posts you actually want to see.