Hold onto your hats! ChatGPT is like a rocket, zooming ahead with new features faster than a cheetah on roller skates! But guess what? The “custom instructions” in ChatGPT’s beta features might just be the jaw-dropping game-changer you’ve been waiting for, especially if you’re dreaming of having a personalised AI buddy! So, let’s buckle up and get ready to explore what it does and how to get this custom AI assistant on your side! Let’s go!
What Are Custom Instructions?
ChatGPT is a Language Model extraordinaire! It can understand instructions in natural language and act accordingly. Right from the get-go, you set the rules for your conversation and give ChatGPT the necessary info to perform its magic.
Say hello to custom instructions! This awesome feature allows you to embed information and directives into ChatGPT that remain throughout all your chats — you call the shots! The possibilities are endless! For starters, you can ensure ChatGPT always knows your identity, profession, and what tasks you want it to handle. You can even define its personality or set up safety barriers for extra protection.
Now that you’ve got the scoop on custom instructions, let’s explore how to activate this fantastic capability and unleash the full potential of ChatGPT!
How to Activate and Use ChatGPT Custom Instructions
We’ll assume that you’ve already created a ChatGPT account, and that you’ve signed up for a ChatGPT Plus subscription. Once you’re logged in and at the chat interface, here’s what to do:
- Click the three dots next to your name, then click “Settings and Beta”.
- In the side panel, click on “Beta Features”.
- Next to “Custom” Instructions, toggle the switch on and close the settings window.
- Click the three dots again, and select “Custom instructions.”
- Complete the upper section, where you tell ChatGPT the things it should know about you to do a better job for you
- Next, complete the lower section where you can tell ChatGPT how you’d like it to respond. For example, you can ask it to use a specific tone of voice, take on a persona, or ask it to refrain from mentioning its knowledge cut off or that it’s an LLM, or any other redundant responses you already know.
- Click “save” to lock in your information.
Great news! Now whenever you kick off a fresh chat, ChatGPT will be in tune with your custom instructions. So, rest assured, your personalised preferences will guide the conversation. And hey, if you ever want to cross-check, just ask ChatGPT to spill the beans on those instructions before you continue. It’s all about making sure you’re in the driver’s seat of this amazing AI experience!