It’s no secret that we all have certain photos or videos that we would prefer to not share with just anyone. Luckily for us, the latest iOS 16 update allows users to hide their sensitive photos and videos in a Hidden album. This feature can be super handy when you’re showing people something on your phone, or someone is using it for whatever reason. The feature keeps your photos hidden and locked behind a password or FaceID.
When you hide photos and videos, they move to the Hidden album, so they don’t appear in your Library, in other albums, or in the Photos widget on your Home Screen. In iOS 14 and later, you can turn off the Hidden album, so the photos are completely hidden. And in iOS 16, your Hidden album is locked by default. Phew!
Here’s How to Hide Photos on an iPhone:
- Open your photos.
- Select the photo or video you would like to hide.
- Tap More, then tap Hide.
- Confirm you want to hide the photo or video.
Here’s How to Unhide Photos on an iPhone:
- Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
- Scroll down and tap Hidden under Utilities.
- Use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock your Hidden album.
- Tap the photo or video that you want to unhide.
- Tap the More button and then tap Unhide.
Here’s How to Find Your Hidden Album:
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the Albums tab.
- Scroll down and look for the Hidden album under Utilities.
It’s as easy as that! Now you can enjoy scrolling through your phone stress-free.